Thursday, January 21, 2016

HK Trip 2015 (Day 5)

July 29th, 2015

It's my 5th day and it was my last full day in HK, so I tried to squeeze in as many places as possible from my list.

So.. We started the day by eating breakfast at the hotel, then off we go to explore Hong Kong! :)

First thing first: Shopping! I've been reading so many blogs about trips to HK, and there are quite a lot of people who went to Argyle Centre to shop, besides, I want to try the famous cold noodle which located in New Town Mall (connected with Argyle Centre). I was there around 12pm, but there were some stores that still closed, so I think it's better to go there by 2pm. If you want to shop in here don't forget to haggle! But, most of the stores I went have price tags so it's a fixed price, but you can try ;) There are a lot of stores that sell the same clothes with different prices, so find the cheapest one! ;P





And finally, the famous cold noodle. We bought spinach noodle, with corn, cucumber and seaweed for HKD 16. For the sauce, I asked the aunty which one is good and she made it for me. It was quite nice to eat cold noodle in hot day, but I didn't really like their sauce. Too much garlic I think :'(


Bai Wei Shi Pei - spinach noodle, corn, cucumber and seaweed (HKD 16)

Next we headed to Langham Place to see more clothes, got tired and off we go to have something to eat.


We planned to have the scrambled egg from Australian Dairy Co, but on the way there we saw someone buying fishball, so we stopped by to try. We bought 5 balls for HKD 9, we tried the original and curry. I like the curry one better.





Then we continued to walk with GPS in hand, and we saw this big store that sell LOTS of food. We couldn't help it and buy their sausage for HKD 13. It was good! So tasty and still warm. How I wish I have more space in my stomach so I can try it all! :'(




Sausage HKD 13
Finally, we arrived to our initial destination. ;) We arrived there at around 4 pm, but look at the queue, the queue was fast though. We shared table with other patrons, when its time for us to make our order, the uncle was soooo scary! His tone was like he was angry and about to explode anytime soon lol *ok, maybe not but I felt like that* So I got scared, and I forgot which puddings are good, and whether to order it cold or hot. And I didn't even make him wait that long, and he already grumbled but luckily I don't know what he said. lol


We ordered Lunch Set (HKD 38), the set consists of :
Bread/toast with butter with choice of Fried Eggs or Scrambled Eggs
Chicken Soup with choice of BBQ pork, Beef or Ham
Coffee or Milk Tea

Chicken Soup with Ham
Toast with butter and Scrambled Eggs
Milk Tea (additional $2 for cold drinks)
Not a fan of their scrambled eggs, it wasn't as fluffy as I think it would be. I even think the scrambled eggs at our hotel's breakfast buffet were fluffier and tastier, which is why I ate that every morning while I was there ><

We also ordered their Steamed Egg Pudding with Almond Flavor (cold) and Steamed Milk Pudding with Egg White (hot), HKD 26 each. I like their Steamed Egg Pudding with Almond Flavour better, and I like my steamed pudding cold rather than hot.

Steamed Milk Pudding with Egg White (HKD 26)
Steamed Egg Pudding with Almond Flavor (HKD 26)

Our next destination: Tsim Sha Tsui



Tai Cheong Bakery is famous for their egg tart, they have store in Central which I wanted to visit, but I'm afraid to get lost so we went to this branch instead. They have many other branches, you can check it here.


Egg Tart (HKD 7.5)

The custard was super soft and they served it hot, but I'm not a fan of this type of crust, I prefer flaky crust like the one at Lord Stow's. If you want to try Lord Stow's while in Hong Kong, you can go to EXpresso at The Excelsior Hotel in Causeway Bay.


We also had this Mobile Softee, Soft Ice Cream (HKD 9). Didn't really like it, too sweet ><


Soft Ice Cream (HKD 9)
Went to Sogo, then dinner at Ajisen Ramen in Windsor House, had their kimchi fried rice (if I'm not mistaken), which is quite good.


And got our dessert at Hui Lau Shan, I forgot the name and price, the drink was quite refreshing but I don't like the grapefruit inside, so bitter! :( We also ordered their mango chewy ball which is yumm :) For picture you can open HK Trip 2015 (Day 1)


And that's all for day 5 ! Next post is HK Trip 2015 (Day 6) or my last day in HK! See you then! :)


Argyle Centre 
688 Nathan Road, Mong Kok
Kowloon, Hong Kong

Bai Wei Shi Pei
3/F, New Town Mall, 688 Nathan Road, Mong Kok 
旺角彌敦道688號新之城3樓
Other Branches: OpenRice

Australia Dairy Company
G/F, 47-49 Parkes Street, Jordan
佐敦白加士街47-49號地下  
Opening Hours: Mon-Wed & Fri-Sun: 07:30-23:00
Closed on Thursday

1881 Heritage
2A Canton Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon
How to get there:
MTR Tsim Sha Tsui Station Exit E, walk towards Salisbury Road, turn right, take subway (pedestrian tunnel) next to YMCA to 1881 Heritage. cc: DiscoverHongkong

Harbour City
3 - 27 Canton Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon
How to get there:
1. MTR Tsim Sha Tsui Station, Exit A1. Walk along Haiphong Road for approximately five minutes
or
2. Star Ferry from Central or Wan Chai to Tsim Sha Tsui
cc: DiscoverHongkong

Tai Cheong Bakery
Shop KP31-32, Star Ferry Pier , Tsim Sha Tsui
尖沙咀天星碼頭KP31-32號舖 
Other Branches: OpenRice

Mobile Softee
At Star Ferry Pier

Ajisen Ramen
Shop No. 5, 3/F, Windsor House, 311 Gloucester Road, Causeway Bay
銅鑼灣告士打道311號皇室堡3樓305號舖
Opening Hours: Mon-Sun 11.00-23.00
Other Branches: OpenRice

Hui Lau Shan
G/F, 19 Lee Garden Road, Causeway Bay
銅鑼灣利園山道19號地下
Opening Hours: Mon-Sun 13.00-23.00
Other Branches: OpenRice

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Previous:
HK Trip 2015 (Day 1) - Times Square, Hui Lau Shan, Delicious Kitchen
HK Trip 2015 (Day 2 & 3) - Cafe de Coral, Avenue of Stars, Godiva, The Peak Sky Terrace 428
HK Trip 2015 (Day 4) - Ocean Park, IKEA, ICHIRAN

Next:
HK Trip 2015 (Day 6) - Via Tokyo, Din Tai Fung

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cute Gingerbread Man